*~~* CRAYON LIPSTICK REVIEW *~~*
hey, everyone! i recently came across a tutorial on how to make lipstick out of crayons so i changed it up a bit and came up with an easy way to do it :) my review will be down below!
What you will need:
• Any box of non toxic crayons, crayola is the best brand to use but i didn’t have time to go out and get a box so i substituted with Rose Art crayons.
• Vaseline: This will help keep moisture in your lips.
• Coconut Oil: This adds the shine to the lipstick and sets it.
• Any type of glass bowl or cup that will fit into a pan
• Tongs (Optional, i just needed them to get my small glass bowl out of my pot so i didn’t burn myself!)
• Prescription pill box (or any container you wish to use to hold the lipsticks individually)
How to do it
1. Fill up a pan with water to heat up on your stove. I’d suggest testing the water with your glass cup or bowl to make sure the water level doesn’t overflow your cup or bowl when emerged in the water.
2. Select your crayon color, you can do a solid color or mix them up. Have fun with it!
3. Peel crayon wrappings
4. Add 1/2 table spoon of coconut oil and 1/2 table spoon on Vaseline into your glass bowl or cup.
5. Once you have the Vaseline and coconut oil in the glass bowl or cup, submerge it into the hot water. (Water doesn’t have to be boiling but it does need to be HOT.)
6. Break up your crayons into a few pieces and add them into the bowl or cup. Once they’re melted start to stir it up until you think the mixture is melted together enough.
7. Use the tongs to get the cup or bowl out of the pan and wrap a towel or paper towel around the cup or bowl and pour the mixture into the prescription pill box or any container you choose to use.
8. Set in the fridge to cool and firm!
9. Apply and rock it! ^.^
I honestly loved this DIY lipstick project! It’s so fun and easy. It does take a few layers of the lipstick to really present itself but it looks so cute after. They almost work as a super tinted Chapstick because they also make your lips so soft. I’d definitely give it a try if you wanna test different lip colors on yourself or want a cheaper way to have vibrant and pretty lippies :)
I hope you guys enjoyed this DIY/Review for the crayon lipsticks! it was super fun making. if need be i could make a video tutorial on how to make them so you all can get a better look at it. i hope you all try this out and tell me what you think!!